1.25.2010

Faux What!


Holy Cow! Yes, cows are holy as are all living creatures on this earth. With that in mind, I try to eat consciously and healthy, not always succeeding. The times when I fail to be a conscious eater, I think about what that piece of flesh came from, a beautiful cow or a gorgeous chicken unfortunate to have been brought into this earth to live a miserable existence and die a harsh death. Okay, writing this makes me want to cry for all the miseries of this world. So I'll stop and talk about this Faux Gras. In my non-enlightened food period, I use to love me some foie gras. Then I started thinking about those precious ducks or geese with tubes shoved down their throats, being forced. I almost swooned with the disgust of how little we care for other precious beings.

Okay, I'll get off the soapbox and talk about this wonderful product called Faux Gras. It's exactly what you think it is, fake foie gras. I haven't tried it yet, but you get your sweet tush, I'm gonna place an order for it today from the Regal Vegan.

via The Girlie Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment