1.11.2010

Kindness


"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle"
-Plato


I have been contemplating this quote a lot this weekend. Everyone I meet or come across and whatever there reactions and/or reactions is not a personal action towards me. They are simply living their human existence, searching for meaning and strategizing ways to meet their needs, just like me. Sometimes it's hard to think of this in a heated moment or when I get pulled into the same story of dislike of a specific person, an old anger, an injustice done to me or others. However, it doesn't serve anyone,importantly myself when my actions from a reaction cause more suffering. Breathing into the feeling helps to loosen the stranglehold of the old stories that I am working to release from this life and my karma.

image here

No comments:

Post a Comment