2.16.2010

Recovering


I stayed home from work all last week, recovering from surgery. Cabin fever was setting in and feeling unproductive, so despite doctor's order for bed rest, I sat in front of my sewing machine and got to work. With the fabric I purchased from Mood Fabric, here is project number one finished. With the left over scrap, I turned it into a pillow. I'm patting myself in the back for having absolutely no fabric waste, I literally used every inch of fabric purchased.

As you can see, our bedroom is mostly white, cream, beige, so the shot of purple print from the window treatment creates visual interest and movement. There is also a tangible energy shift in the room now. It used to be calming and soothing, I purposely decided not to hang any art to give our minds and eyes rest for the day. Now I'm thinking that I like this vibrant energy in the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment